Archived Copies of Warranty Week
December 2002 to Today
- European Auto Warranty Report: In this initial piece of a two-part series, we look at the claims rates and accruals-per-vehicle rates of five of the top European automotive OEMs. Whether we count in euro or dollars, some of them have the most expensive factory warranties in the world. But a few have managed to cut those costs over the past decade.July 9, 2015
- Telecom Equipment Warranties: Though industry sales are down in general, a handful of telecommunications, data networking and broadcast equipment manufacturers have managed to reduce their warranty costs and increase their sales at the same time. But as dramatic as some of the recent cost reductions are, the companies rarely mention either the cause of the initial problem or how they solved it.October 15, 2009
- Aerospace Warranties: Though the industry trend is upward, some aerospace companies have managed to reduce their warranty expenses significantly over the past five years. But a few have recently seen their warranty costs go back up.July 24, 2008
- Five-Year Warranty Trends, Part Two: While several of the biggest warranty spenders have compiled remarkably consistent results since 2003 in terms of the percentage of revenue they spend on warranty work, others have managed to reduce their costs considerably over time. And then there are the handful that saw costs rise by remarkably high amounts.April 2, 2008
- Warranty Management: Warranty management for manufacturing and sales organizations is becoming an intense focus area. Warranty spending by US-based companies surpasses the Gross Domestic Product of some nations. But warranty is an avoidable cost, if managed efficiently and judiciously. As warranty also involves customers directly, the larger imperative of organizational image is at risk. A prelude to warranty management is information stability, consistency and transparency.
The Chief Information Officer plays a pivotal role to iron out the initial impediments before laying out a smooth track for warranty management in any enterprise. This article brings out the different sources of warranty data, a collaboration model for warranty data, the business dynamics of multiple stakeholders with respect to warranty management and displays ways to assess and improve warranty information maturity.November 14, 2007