Archived Copies of Warranty Week
December 2002 to Today
- Text Analytics for Warranty Claim Comments: Warranty comment data contains a wealth of useful information that is often overlooked or underutilized. A pragmatic text analysis begins by carefully converting text data into a structured format. Once that's been achieved, various visualizations and analytical reporting can be used to supplement findings from other structured data sources.July 12, 2018
- Big Data at WCM: Rather than a data warehouse, which is built to spec and then filled in an orderly fashion, WCM keynote speaker Richard Vermillion wants to fill a "data lake" with information and then figure out how it might be useful. For warranty and service contract industry professionals, this will allow new sources of data to help analysts predict what happens to products in the field, and how and why they fail.March 10, 2016
- Warranty Management: Warranty management for manufacturing and sales organizations is becoming an intense focus area. Warranty spending by US-based companies surpasses the Gross Domestic Product of some nations. But warranty is an avoidable cost, if managed efficiently and judiciously. As warranty also involves customers directly, the larger imperative of organizational image is at risk. A prelude to warranty management is information stability, consistency and transparency.
The Chief Information Officer plays a pivotal role to iron out the initial impediments before laying out a smooth track for warranty management in any enterprise. This article brings out the different sources of warranty data, a collaboration model for warranty data, the business dynamics of multiple stakeholders with respect to warranty management and displays ways to assess and improve warranty information maturity.November 14, 2007
- Shadow Drivers of Warranty Cost: Survey data suggests that some auto service technicians are wasting their time by replacing the wrong parts and perhaps too many perfectly good parts because they don't have access to the right information.June 13, 2006
- Spam Causes Gridlock on the Information Superhighway: Some mailboxes will be abandoned, others will be walled off from the outside world, impacting information delivery services.May 27, 2003